-
November 27th, 2000, 06:33 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Does anyone have "facts" on the IAB valve (2nd intake runners) and VTEC engagments for the B18C1? I've heard so many different rpm points for both, so...let's "talk" about it.
It sounds like the majority is going with VTEC=4400 and IAB=5600. ???
Tom
Also, if I used a VTEC/fuel controller, does anyone have any good recommendations on lowering the VTEC engagment?
------------------
'92 Civic Si H/B B18C1 powered and lovin' it!...J&S Safeguard, custom 2.5" B-pipe, Tenzo-R muffler.
'99 Goped (X-ped) Fully modified, 32 mph, 17,000 rpm!!!
D16Z6 and JRSC kit for sale, together or seperate.
<A HREF="mailto:[email protected]
[email protected]">[email protected]
[email protected]</A>
-
November 28th, 2000, 12:18 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I thought it was vtec at 4400 and IAB at 5750...anyone else?
-
November 28th, 2000, 01:25 AM
#3
Inactive Member
You are correct:
4400VTEC
5800 (5750) IAB.. close enough
------------------
Fully built - TO4e powered
http://www.c-speedracing.com
-
November 28th, 2000, 05:11 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I know of controllers like the Apexi VAFC and what it does, but does anyone make a controller that will lower the IAB engagment? Would we benifit from this? I know the principle behind the technology (smaller tube--higher velocity--more torque at lower rpm) but, has anyone experimented with this at lower rpm points?
Tom
-
November 29th, 2000, 08:54 PM
#5
Inactive Member
-
November 30th, 2000, 05:35 PM
#6
-
November 30th, 2000, 06:52 PM
#7
Inactive Member
No point? I don't know about anyone else, who's still NA, but I don't feel any significant power increase when VTEC kicks in, but I do feel it when the secondaries open. It's just too bad that I have to wait until almost 6000 rpm to feel it.
Tom
-
December 4th, 2000, 06:40 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks